“When I was in Congo my friend Eve arranged call with person she had met in South Africa, named Ruby Ovenstone, we have chatted back and forth number of times, about what she has developed and her vision for the future. I have not seen it and am considering visiting in the next few weeks. Ruby has spent the last 20 years developing this concept; at this point all I can say looks just beautiful and fits into BMT concept well! Will keep you posted!”
AEON SANCTUARY RETREAT
The Crags, Plettenberg Bay
The profile of the average human life is shifting and changing dramatically.
One of the emerging factors is that we are living a lot longer than our ancestors and we are fitter and healthier for longer as well.
This begs the question as to how we are going to spend the extra years we are gaining and how we are going to provide for ourselves with a longer term view of added life expectancy.
What is being proposed here is not a repeat of anything that has been developed before but a visionary approach to aging joyously, in strength and health.
Kuthumba is situated in the most beneficial setting for the purpose of establishing a hamlet of wonderful housing and accompanying facilities geared towards creating a fun and generative lifestyle. For people in their mature years who are entering a phase of contentment and still have a lot of interests they want to explore, this could be the answer.
The opportunity is not only to meet personal needs really well, but also to participate in a scheme that addresses global issues such as conservation and resource management responsibly and having the opportunity to pass on valuable wisdom, leaving a legacy of contribution to Earth and her well-being.
Betty’s Mountain Top (BMT)
Close your eyes and picture the following:
- Nice weather and sunshine;
- Medical resources nearby;
- Invited guests from around the world (my travelling is excellent because of the people I interact with); without that, not nearly as worthwhile.
- It could be one or a number of locations around the world (as someone said, follow the sun).
- It could be a Hotel or a Retreat Centre (it could be a Franchise), which should include day programs as well
Live in day programs; which would include:
- International Think Tank
- Mentoring, and Spiritual
- Art, Music
- Theatre, Design
- Community Charitable Activities
- World Wide Educational Opportunities
- Acquiring university degrees, healing work & Innovation work
As we age, we may become fearful about certain issues in our life, for example:
- Financial stability, health, and children?
- How will we manage our time and our energy level as we age?
- How will we handle watching our friends die?
- How will we die?
- How will we manage memories and conquer regrets?
- How can we reach a peaceful place in our lives, with self-respect, understanding, and learn how to love ourselves?
BMT could assist in;
- The development of spiritual knowledge with the aim of reaching a calmer place in our lives.
BMT might also become a location where:
- Authors, who are writing books for the senior market, could pass through, mingling with seniors and perhaps testing certain concepts and ideas!
- A friend of mine had an idea about having artists –in-residence and writers-in-residence programs.
- It could be divided into a number of artists’ studios and a number of writers’ studios
- BMT could have a certain number of spots for gardeners, for people interested in food and cooking (which would be very important to the hearts and welfare of the guests, plus provide a yummy diet!), etc.
- I also feel that kids need to be in the mix. I remember many years ago, I was involved in the development of a seniors’ apartment building. We put a Nursery School on the first floor and the seniors volunteered at the school.
- As we age I feel we have a lot to give back, resources, knowledge and wisdom.
I see this place as a combination between a Salon and 1960’s commune. A definition of a Salon that I like:
“A gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through CONVERSATION!!”
A friend of mine from Mallorca, named Manuela (only in her forties), got very excited about this concept and sent me the email below, which I love, particularly the “STOREHOUSE OF KNOWLEDGE” idea:
“Hi Betty, just a brief sharing: I dreamt of Betty’s Mountain Top! It was a big building with big rooms and high ceilings, open to everybody (like a symbol of the world as such in form of a house), where everybody could come and hang out. There was a room with telescopes to watch the stars, a library etc., etc. Symbolically it reflects the spirit of the “Living Museum” a temple dedicated to the muses, and a living storehouse of knowledge. It is already in the process. Love from the island, Manuela.”
At this point in time, I am looking for ideas, comments positive and negative, addition’s etc. If you have people you want to pass this on to, or people I should talk to, please let me know. Nothing in my life has ever happened in isolation, my business, charity, book, and travel and this will certainly be no exception!
Thank You, for becoming involved in my dream!! –Betty